- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 ml olive oil
- 55 g shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 55 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 aubergine
- 40 g mung beans, cooked
- pinch of ground cumin
- pinch of ground coriander
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 1 large tomato, skinned, deseeded and diced
- 50 ml vermouth
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g parmesan, grated
For the salad:
- mixed salad leaves
- olive oil, for dressing
- balsamic vinegar, for dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
2. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the shallots and garlic and cook gently for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further minute, then add the aubergine flesh and mung beans and season with the cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Next, add the diced tomato and vermouth. Cook briskly until reduced by half. Check and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out aubergine halves.
6. Mix together the melted butter, parsley, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the top of the aubergine halves to form a crust. Place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until the aubergine is tender and the cheese crust golden brown.
8. To serve, place on a bed of mixed leaves and drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Rate This Recipe