- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 16 oil-cured black olives, pitted
- handful of stale breadcrumbs
- 125 g gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tbsp black olive tapenade
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- hunks of bread, to serve (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
You can leave the prepared tomatoes for a few hours before cooking them if it suits you
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds and core.
3. Place the tomato halves cut side up on a roasting tray. Plop a pitted olive into each half. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Mix the breadcrumbs with half the grated Gruyère. Stuff the mixture into the tomatoes.
5. Strip the thyme leaves from the stalk and mix with the olive paste and mustard. Brush the over the tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese over the top, then dribble with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Serve warm with hunks of good bread if you like.
Rate This Recipe