- Serves: makes 20 canapés
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small can tuna chunks in sunflower oil, drained
- 1 tbsp salad cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper
- 100 g cooked, peeled shrimps, or small prawns
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 dashes of chilli sauce, to taste
- 2 slices smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 5 chives, finely snipped
- 100 g mascarpone
- 10 free-range eggs, hard boiled
- 1 ripe avocado, to serve (optional)
- 1 handfuls plum tomatoes, to serve (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
Try with tuna tinned in spring water instead of sunflower oil. For more information on healthy eating see eatwell.gov.uk.
1. Tip the tuna into a bowl and mix in the salad cream and mayonnaise. Season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the shrimps, onion and chilli sauce. Season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
3. In a third bowl, gently fold the smoked salmon pieces and chives into the mascarpone. Season, to taste, and set aside.
4. Peel the eggs, slice each in half lengthways and remove the yolk.
5. Stuff the eggs with the various fillings and arrange on a serving plate.
6. Garnish with slices of avocado and plum tomatoes, if you like, and serve.
Rate This Recipe