- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.4-2kg cabbage, quartered, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 700 g pork sausages
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2. Butter an ovenproof casserole.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Throw in the cabbage and blanch for 5 minutes.
3. Drain the cabbage under cold running water to prevent further cooking.
4. Slit the sausage skins and push out all the sausage meat onto a plate, discarding the skins.
5. Place one third of the cabbage in the bottom of the casserole. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Place half the sausage meat in a layer on top of the cabbage.
7. Continue with a layer of cabbage and sausage, finishing with a layer of cabbage, seasoning each layer as you go. Dot the top with butter.
8. Cover tightly with a layer of greaseproof paper and the lid. Bake for 2-2 1/2 hours until the cabbage is very tender.
Rate This Recipe