- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the stuffed courgettes
- 4 courgette flowers, stamen removed
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
For the batter
- 200 ml sparkling water
- 200 g self-raising flour
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
For the dressing
- 3 large black olives, stone removed, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp diced shallots
- 1 handfuls cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
1. For the courgette flowers: mix the the ricotta and mint together in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into each courgette flower. Make sure that the top of the flower is sealed so that none of the stuffing mixture cam leak out.
2. For the batter: mix together the water and self-raising flower in a bowl until frothy.
3. Dip the courgette flowers into the batter so that all parts of the courgette and flower are fully coated. Deep-fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
4. For the dressing: in a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon the dressing onto a plate and place the courgette and the flower on top.
Rate This Recipe