- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g minced lamb
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 red onions, finely diced
- 25 g halloumi cheese, quartered
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salsa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g plum tomatoes
- tabasco, (optional)
- 4 pitta bread, warmed
- mixed salad
1. Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
2. Place the mince into a large bowl.
3. Toast the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan set over a medium heat until golden and fragrant.
4. Add the cumin to the mince along with the onion, cheese and rosemary. Combine everything until well-mixed and season well.
5. Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties using damp hands, placing a cube of halloumi and a sprig of rosemary into the centre of each one.
6. Grill for 10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. While the burgers are cooking, make the salsa.
7. For the salsa, warm the olive oil in a frying pan and add the tomatoes. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, or until they are soft but still holding their shape. Season to taste, adding a dash of Tabasco sauce if desired.
8. Serve the burgers sandwiched in the warmed pitta breads with lots of salad and the tomato salsa spooned over.
Rate This Recipe