- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 large flat mushrooms, stalks cut off and reserved and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 25g dried porcini, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- 25 g couscous
- 50 g feta cheese, finely diced
- 6 tbsp chopped parsley
- black pepper
- 25 g parmesan, finely grated
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5.
2. Place the mushrooms on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Roast the mushrooms in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a small frying pan. Fry the onion, garlic and chopped mushroom stalks gently for 10 minutes, until softened.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop the soaked porcini. Pour the stock over the couscous and set aside until the couscous has absorbed the liquid.
5. Mix together the fried onion mixture, porcini, couscous, feta and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Stuff the baked mushrooms with the couscous mixture. Sprinkle over the grated Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
7. Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe