- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 180 g arborio risotto rice, rinsed
- 300 ml milk
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- pinch of salt
- butter, for greasing
- 6 yellow peaches, peeled and halved, stone removed
- 150 g caster sugar
- 6 chocolate biscuits, crushed
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 60 g blanched almonds, chopped
1. Put the rice in saucepan with the milk, lemon zest and salt. Cover tightly and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until milk is absorbed. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Generously butter a large baking dish.
3. Scoop out a little of the flesh from each peach half. Mix in a bowl with 60g of the sugar, the crushed biscuits, the egg yolks and cold rice.
4. Place the peaches in the baking dish. Fill the peaches with rice mixture making a small dome in each. Sprinkle with the almonds and the remaining sugar.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe