- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 rabbit, boned
- black pepper
- 100 g couscous, cooked in chicken stock
- 25 g raisins
- 25 g blanched flaked almonds
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemons
- pinch of ground cumin
- 3 prunes, thinly chopped
- harissa, to taste
- 75 ml soured cream
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Lay the rabbit out flat and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. In a bowl, mix together the couscous, raisins, flaked almonds, ground cinnamon, garlic, lemon zest, cumin and prunes.
4. Place the couscous mixture on the centre of the rabbit, then roll the rabbit up over the couscous.
5. Smear some harissa paste over the rolled up rabbit, tie it with string and place in a roasting tray.
6. Roast the rabbit for 30 minutes until cooked through.
7. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the sour cream, parsley and lemon juice.
8. Serve the rabbit hot from the oven with the sour cream mixture.
Rate This Recipe