- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g breadcrumbs
- 75 g spicy salami, cubed
- 75 g smoky scamorza cheese, cubed
- 250 g parmigiano reggiano, freshly grated
- 1 egg
- 1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 750 ml white wine
- 6 medium squid, cleaned
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli, thinly sliced
- 500 g linguine, optional
1. For the stuffing add breadcrumbs, salami, all the cheeses, an egg, half the parsley, salt and black pepper to a bowl. Add a tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil and 125ml of the white wine. With your hands thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
2. Gently stuff each squid with the mixture. Seal the opening with a toothpick. Continue until all the mixture is consumed.
3. In a large frying pan, heat extra virgin olive oil and add garlic and the remaining parsley. Cook for about a minute on medium to high heat. Add the calamari and cook until the meat starts changing colour and becomes slightly golden.
4. Add the remaining wine, a pinch of salt and sliced chilli. Lower the heat and cover the pan and allow the wine to reduce and thicken up. Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
5. Serve squid with the sauce over a bed of linguine.
Rate This Recipe