- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 red peppers
- 300 g long grain rice
- small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- small bunch of dill, freshly chopped
- small bunch of mint, freshly chopped
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- black pepper
1. Slice the bottom of the tomatoes to create a lid, leaving a little amount still attached so that the lid is not completely removed. Scoop out the pulp and reserve.
2. Cut the tops off the tops of the peppers, remove the seeds and discard them.
3. In a large bowl, place the tomato pulp, the rice, chopped herbs, vegetable stock and dried oregano. Mix well.
4. Heat a little of the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the grated onion. Stir in the rice mixture and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Fill the tomatoes and peppers with the rice mixture until half-full (the rice will expand as it cooks) and place into a shallow, ovenproof dish. Pour over the remaining olive oil and cook for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe