- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 150 ml canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- a dash of fresh lime juice
- a good handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 800 g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 150 ml water
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry, stirring often, until golden brown, around 5 minutes.
2. Turn down the heat and add in the tomatoes, chilli, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, salt, lime juice and coriander.
3. Stir well and add a splash of water. Cook until the mixture is shiny and the oil separate.
4. Add in the chick peas, increase the heat and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add in the water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
6. Turn off the heat, garnish with the spring onions and serve.
Rate This Recipe