- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 handfuls sultanas
- 3 tbsp jar honey
- 0.5 lemons, grated zest and juice
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolks
- 8 large sheets filo pastry
- 115 g butter, melted
- 1 dashes of icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. In a large mixing bowl blend the sultanas, honey, and lemon with the ricotta and cinnamon. Mix well adding the egg yolk to help bind the mixture.
2. Lay out one filo pastry sheet, brush with melted butter, top with another and brush with melted butter.
3. Spread a quarter of the ricotta mixture on the pastry along one edge and roll the filo over the filling, then turn into a coil, like a Chelsea bun.
4. Repeat the process, making 4 rolls in all. Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet, brush over with remaining butter and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm or cool.
Rate This Recipe