- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Granny Smith and 3 Cripps' Pink apples, cored and cut into slices
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- handfuls coriander leaves, chopped
For the dressing
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice only
1. First make the dressing by blending together the garlic, chilli and sugar in a food processor to make a rough paste. Then add the fish sauce and lime juice and season to taste.
2. For the salad, fry the shallots in the oil for around 5 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Toss the apple in the lime juice, then mix with the tomatoes and dressing.
4. Serve topped with the peanuts, crisp shallots and coriander.
Rate This Recipe