- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins standing
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter, softened
- 8 slices white bread
- 50 g sultanas
- 2 large peaches, stones removed, then sliced
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 500 ml full fat milk
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Grease the baking dish with a little of the butter. Generously butter the slices of bread on one side with the remaining butter and cut into fingers. Put half into the prepared dish, butter side up.
2. Sprinkle over half the sugar and the sultanas, arrange the peach slices on top, finish with the remaining bread, buttered side up. Whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour over the bread and leave to stand for 30 minutes, to allow the bread to absorb some of the liquid.
3. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3.
4. Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top of the pudding then bake in the oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour, until set and the top is crisp and golden.
5. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe