- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
For the pink champagne jelly
- 350 ml pink champagne
- 300 g caster sugar
- 6 sheets leaf gelatine, soaked in a little cold water to soften
- 100 g raspberries
- 1 banana, finely sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 5 strawberries, finely sliced
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and segmented
For the syrup
- 500 ml water
- 350 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, plit
- 03 sprigs mint
- 10 mint leaves, cut into fine strips
- 4 sprigs redcurrants
- 4 sprigs mint
1. Start by making the pink champagne jelly. In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the pink champagne over a gentle heat.
2. Remove from the heat and add the softened gelatine, then pass the mixture through a fine sieve and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
3. Pour a little of the jelly into the bottom of a jelly mould. Place the raspberries, point down, into the jelly and allow to set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
4. Pour over a little more jelly and layer over the banana. Chill in the refrigerator for a further 5 minutes.
5. Repeat the layering and chilling process with the orange, strawberries and, finally, the pink grapefruit.
6. Fill the mould to the top with the remaining jelly, cover with cling film and leave to set for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
7. To make the syrup, place the water, sugar, vanilla pod and mint stalks in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Strain, allow to cool, then add the mint leaf strips.
9. To serve the jelly, briefly dip the base of the mould into hot water, and turn out onto a serving plate.
10. Drizzle the cooled syrup around the plate and garnish with redcurrant and mint sprigs.
Rate This Recipe