- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 leeks
- 3 sticks celery
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large potato
- 1 large courgette
- 1 litres boiling water
- 3 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1 x 200 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 200 g tinned green lentils
- black pepper
- 100 g long grain rice
- 200 g parmesan shavings, to serve
1. Cut the vegetables into slices, about 1cm thick.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the leeks, celery and carrots until softened - about 10 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and courgettes and pour in 1 litre of boiling water. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and lentils, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 45 minutes.
4. Add the rice and cook for 15 minutes, until the rice is just soft.
5. Serve immediately, topped with freshly shaved Parmesan.
Rate This Recipe