- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: easy
- 350 g strawberries, quartered
- 350 g raspberries
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 ml port
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 large sliced white bread
- 1 handfuls redcurrants
- 1 handfuls raspberries
- 6 sprigs mint
1. Place the strawberries, raspberries, sugar and port in a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat for five minutes, until softened. The fruit will have oozed lots of juice, but it should not be mushy.
2. Meanwhile, cut circles out of the bread slices using a whisky tumbler or similar.
3. Push a circle of bread into the base of each of four glasses, and then add a spoonful of the fruit and juice mix.
4. Top with another round of bread.
5. Continue layering up the fruit and the bread, until the glass is full.
6. Chill in the fridge for an hour.
7. Meanwhile, whip the cream until it stands in stiff peaks. Shape a quenelle of cream using two spoons to decorate each pudding. Decorate with a few raspberries or redcurrants and a sprig or two of mint
Rate This Recipe