- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g unrefined sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 punnet blackberries
- 1 punnet redcurrants
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 punnet raspberries
- handful cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 white loaf bread, crusts removed
- double cream, to serve
1. Heat the sugar in a frying pan until it starts to caramelise. Scrape seeds from the vanilla pod and add them and the pod to the pan. Add the red wine and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the fruit to the pan and simmer for about 6 minutes until the fruit has started to soften but before it goes mushy. Remove from heat.
3. Line a round glass bowl with the bread, making sure there are no gaps, and spoon in the fruit mixture, leaving the sauce to pour over at the end.
4. Fold over the top of the bread, cover with cling film and weigh down with a saucepan or something similar. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. To serve, turn the pudding onto a serving plate and pour over the reserved sauce. Cut into slices and serve with double cream.
Rate This Recipe