- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 24 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 450 g raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, redcurrants
- 115g-150g caster sugar
- juice of 1 oranges
- 8 fine slices white bread
- clotted cream, to serve
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Place the raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and redcurrants in a saucepan. Add the caster sugar and orange juice. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 4 minutes.
2. Sieve the mixture, separating the juice and the fruit.
3. Roll out the bread gently with a rolling pin. Dip the bread slices into the berry juice and line a bowl with the bread.
4. Fill the bread-lined bowl with the fruit and cover with a 'lid' made from juice-dipped bread. Cover with cling film and press with a weight. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
5. Heat the remaining juice in a pan and reduce by half to make a syrup. Cool and chill.
6. Turn out the summer pudding onto a serving plate and pour over the syrup. Decorate with a sprig of mint and serve with clotted cream and vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe