- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g caster sugar
- 125 ml water
- 400 g mixed soft fruit, (red currants, raspberries and blackcurrants)
- 200 g thinly sliced white bread, crusts sliced off
- clotted cream, to serve
- mixed summer berries, to decorate
1. Place the caster sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook stirring now and then until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the soft fruit and simmer gently until the fruit are just cooked but retain their shape.
3. Line four dariole moulds with cling film. Line each mould with white bread, cutting out a small circle for the base, slices for the side and a larger circle for the top.
4. Fill the bread-lined moulds with the cooked soft fruit, spooning the juice over the bread lining but reserving some. Top each filled mould with the larger bread circle then spoon over the reserved juice.
5. Press down well, place a plate with a weight on the top of each filled mould and refrigerate overnight.
6. Turn out the summer puddings onto serving plates. Decorate with berries and serve with clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe