- Serves: Makes 15
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g cooked pork belly, shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, if needed
- 300 g carrots, shredded
- 500 g cabbage, shredded
- 100 g kohlrabi, shredded
- 100 g celery, finely sliced
- 100 g leeks, finely sliced
- 100 g bamboo shoots, finely sliced
- 100 g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50 g ginger, shredded
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 200 g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 100 g small oysters
- 100 g small shrimps, roughly chopped
- 100 g crispy bean curd, (tofu, soaked briefly in boiling water and fried in strips), optional
- 15 rice flour, or spring roll pancakes
- sweet chilli sauce
- coriander leaves
- crushed roasted peanuts
- soy sauce, for dipping
1. Fry the shredded pork in a large wok until golden brown. If the pork is dry, a splash of oil might be needed.
2. Add the carrots, cabbage, kohlrabi, celery, leek, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, bean sprouts, spring onions, garlic and ginger. Pour over 100ml chicken stock and cook until all the vegetables are softened and the liquid has cooked down.
3. Add the sugar snaps, oysters, shrimps and crispy bean curd. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes before adding another 100ml of chicken stock. Gently simmer on a low heat with the lid on for 1 hour until all the vegetables are well softened and seafood cooked. This seems like a long time, but it really improves the flavour.
4. Soften the pancakes in boiling water then add a little sweet chilli sauce, coriander and crushed peanuts, before putting in the filling from the pan. Roll the pancakes, folding them in at the edges. Serve while still warm with a soy dipping sauce.
Rate This Recipe