- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 sweet potatoes, about 300g, halved lengthways then sliced
- 100 g fine green beans, top ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 75 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 7 eggs, beaten
- small handful grated parmesan or grana padano cheese
- dressed rocket, salad, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
The tortilla can easily be turned out to serve, or serve slices straight from the pan.
1. Steam the sweet potato slices for 8-10 minutes, or until just tender and the beans for 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, preferably non-stick, frying pan. Tip in the spring onions and fry for 2 minutes until starting to go brown around the edges. Pour in another tablespoon of oil, scatter in the potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes until starting to brown slightly. Scatter over half the steamed beans, then all the tarragon and the feta. Season the beaten eggs then pour them into the pan and grind over some extra pepper. Cook on a medium-low heat for about 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture is set around the edges and golden on the bottom. Preheat the grill.
3. Sprinkle over the rest of the beans then the parmesan or grana padano. Transfer the pan from the hob to the grill and grill for about 5 minutes or until the top is golden, puffy and lightly set. Let it settle for 1-2 minutes, then serve cut in thick wedges with some dressed rocket salad on the side.
Rate This Recipe