- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 55 g shelled walnuts
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 55 g parmesan, broken into chunks
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and roughly chopped (optional)
- olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 3-4 minutes, shaking once or twice, until browned, taking care not to let them burn.
3. Tip the browned nuts into a wire sieve and shake the sieve over a sheet of newspaper to remove loose flakes of papery skin. Leave to cool.
4. Place the cooled walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Parmesan and chilli, if using in a food processor.
5. Process until smooth and then with the motor still running, trickle in enough oil (using a mixture of the sun-dried tomato oil and olive oil) to give a creamy sauce
6. If you want to store the pesto, spoon it in to a screw top jar, smooth down and cover with a thin layer of olive oil. Screw the lid on tightly and keep pin the fridge, where it will last for at least two weeks.
Rate This Recipe