- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 675 g lean beef mincemeat
- 1 large onion, grated
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped oregano, or 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained and finely chopped (reserving 4tbsp of the oil)
For the onions
- 450 g red onions, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- bread, rolls
- lettuce, leaves, to garnish
1. In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using damp hands shape the mixture into six 9cm/3½inch evenly-sized burgers.
2. Place the burgers on a large foil-lined plate or tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the balsamic glazed onions; heat the reserved oil in a large non-stick pan either on a prepared barbecue or hob. Add the onions and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft and caramelised. Add the balsamic vinegar and season. Cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
4. Cook the burgers on a preheated grill or barbecue for 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
5. Serve the burgers with rolls of your choice, salad leaves, the onions and a selection of prepared relishes.
Rate This Recipe