- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 300 g couscous
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 olives, pitted and chopped
- 55 g breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 140 g herring fillets, or mackerel fillets, fresh or defrosted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped mint
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Cover the couscous with boiling water. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to soak for 20 minutes. Fork though to loosen the grains.
3. Mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, breadcrumbs and olive oil - the mixture should be malleable.
4. Place the fish, skin side down, on a work surface.
5. Spoon the tomato mixture on to the fillets. Roll up and tie with a length of string.
6. Place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, add the remaining ingredients to the couscous and mix thoroughly.
8. Serve the rolled fish on a bed of couscous.
Rate This Recipe