- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 480 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-5 tbsp tahini
- 2-5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 150 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1½ lemons, juice only
- selection of fresh vegetable crudités of your choice, to serve
1. Pulse the chickpeas in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
2. Add the tahini and olive oil, starting with 2 tablespoons of each, and blend to a paste. Add the grated garlic and blend to combine.
3. Keep back 5-6 of the sun-dried tomatoes to use as a garnish, and add the remainder to the hummous along with some of the tomato-flavoured oil. Blend until combined.
4. Adjust the quantities of tahini and olive oil as desired then season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
5. Spoon the hummous into a serving dish, garnish with the reserved sun-dried tomatoes and serve with crudités.
Rate This Recipe