- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg fillet of beef, or venison
- small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 small tomato, skinned deseeded and finely chopped
- small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 5 tiger prawns
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50 ml white wine
- juice of ½ lemons
For the chilli sauce:
- 7 green chillies, roughly chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- small handful of coriander, (optional)
1. Set the oven to 190°C/ gas 5. First of all, make a chilli sauce by placing all the ingredients for the chilli sauce into a blender and whizzing until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
2. In a dry frying pan over a high heat, quickly fry the meat for 10 seconds on all sides to brown.
3. Remove the meat from the pan and cut a slit along the length of the fillet, ready for the stuffing. Mix together the shallot, herbs and chopped tomato and add 2 tablespoons of the chilli sauce.
4. Spoon the chilli mixture into the slit and place the prawns and tomato halves evenly along the slit. Sprinkle the wine and lemon juice over and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Wrap the whole fillet in tin foil and roast for 40-50 minutes.
Rate This Recipe