- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 60 g breadcrumbs
- 125 ml single cream
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 g minced beef
- 150 g minced pork
- 150 g minced veal
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- green salad, to serve
1. Set the breadcrumbs to soak in the cream in a bowl.
2. Heat 15g of butter in a frying pan, add in the onion and fry it, stirring now and then, until golden.
3. Place the minced beef, pork and veal in a mixing bowl. Break in the egg and add the salt, pepper and freshly ground nutmeg followed by the soaked breadcrumbs.
4. Mix together, first with a spoon and then with your hands.
5. Add in the fried onion, mixing thoroughly.
6. Shape the mince mixture into ping-pong sized meatballs.
7. Heat the remaining butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan and fry the meatballs, turning now and then, until browned all over, around 15 minutes. They are ready when they're cooked through but still juicy.
8. Serve at once with a green salad.
Rate This Recipe