- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 200g raw prawns, peeled
- 2cm knob of ginger, ut into matchsticks
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 1 bunch of spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 carrot, finely sliced
- 150 g asparagus, blanched and trimmed
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
For the sauce:
- 80 ml rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 70 g sugar
- 70 ml tomato chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
1. Heat the sesame oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking. Stir-fry the prawns with the ginger and onion briefly, and as the prawns turn pink, add the rice wine and stock.
2. Add the remaining vegetables and the pineapple chunks, and then continue to cook for 2 minutes.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce, except the cornflour mixture and pour into the wok, stirring continuously.
4. Stir in half of the cornflour mixture, adding more as necessary, until the mixture is thickened.
5. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe