- Serves: makes 250 ml
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 2 eating apples, cored and diced into 5mm pieces
- 50 g caster sugar
- 25 ml sherry vinegar
- 75 ml red wine
Tips and Suggestions
Rachels relish will keep for several weeks when stored in a sterilised jar
Try this with Chicken liver pâté
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on a medium heat. When it begins to foam, add the apples and cook for 23 minutes or until the apples turn slightly golden around the edges.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly and cook over a lowmedium heat for 58 minutes or until reduced and jam-like. The apples should be cooked through, but not mushy.
3. Allow to cool before serving, or store in a sterilised jar.
Rate This Recipe