- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour soaking time
- Effort: easy
- 200 g dried peeled Yellow mung beans
- 1 litres coconut milk
- 150 g sugar
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 12 young cobs of , or sweet corn
Tips and Suggestions
Whole dried mung beans are small and green. Skinned and split mung beans are also available these are flat and yellow. Look for them in packets in large supermarkets or Asian markets.
Unsure about any of these ingredients? See our Vietnamese food glossary for help and alternative recommendations.
1. Put the mung beans in a large bowl, cover with water and leave to soak for 1 hour. Drain and discard soaking water.
2. Put the drained beans and coconut milk into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes until the mung beans soften.
3. Peel the husks off the corn and shave the corn into another mixing bowl with a sharp knife.
4. Add the shaved corn to the mung bean mixture and stir for 5 minutes until the pudding thickens.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes, until the corn softens.
6. Stir in the sugar and coconut cream and cook for a further 3 minutes.
7. Transfer the mixture to small serving bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
Rate This Recipe