- Serves: 4
- Effort: medium
For the salmon marinade
- 150 g coarse sea salt
- 30 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 salmon, skinned
- olive oil, to fry
For the mustard dressing
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 20 ml champagne vinegar
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- few drops lemon juice
- 50 g broad beans, shelled and cooked in a knob of butter and a drizzle of olive oil
- 50 g fresh morel mushrooms, cooked in a knob of butter and a drizzle of olive oil
- 4 eggs, poached
- salad leaves, (mizuna, rocket and mustard)
1. Mix together the sea salt, caster sugar, fruit juices and zest, and coriander seeds to make the marinade.
2. Place the salmon fillet in a dish and completely cover with the marinade and leave chilled for 8 hours.
3. Rinse the salmon fillet under cold water, then cut into 4 pieces and pan fry them in a little olive oil.
4. Whisk together the 2 mustards and the vinegar. Then slowly whisk in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and add the chopped chives and lemon juice.
5. Place the broad beans and morel mushrooms on a plate, lay the salmon on top, and the poached egg on top of that. Drizzle some of the mustard dressing over the top and use the rest to toss the salad leaves with. Serve the salmon with the salad to the side.
Rate This Recipe