- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating time
- Effort: easy
- 12 chicken pieces, such as wings, thighs and drumsticks
- boiled rice and salad, to serve
For the marinade
- 6 tbsp lime marmalade
- 1 lime, juice only
- ½ tbsp angostura bitters
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
Tips and Suggestions
Levi suggests serving this with a salad of pineapple, avocado, orange and mint, with a gingery dressing.
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together, adding some salt and pepper.
2. Pierce the chicken pieces all over with a small, sharp knife. Spread the marinade all over the chicken, tucking it down into the cuts. If you can, cover and leave for a couple of hours in the fridge, turning the chicken over several times.
3. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put the chicken in an ovenproof dish and roast for about 40 minutes, spooning the juices back up over the chicken as it cooks. The chicken is ready when the juices run clear when a skewer is pushed into the thickest point.
4. Serve with rice and a salad.
Rate This Recipe