- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the sweet olive jam
- 50 g plump black olives, stoned
- 30 g caster sugar
- 150 ml water
For the base
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 125 g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 25 g caster sugar
For the crèmet
- 225 g full-fat cream cheese, such as Philadelphia
- 200 g thick-set yogurt
- 150 ml double cream, lightly whipped
For the clementine sauce
- 8 clementines
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp mandarin or orange liqueur
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp peeled pistachio nuts, (optional)
1. To make the jam, bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the olives, boil for 1 minute, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Repeat once or twice then let the olives cool and finely chop them.
2. Place the chopped olives in a pan with the sugar and 150ml of water. Bring to a simmer and cook over a low heat until the consistency of the mixture is like jam. Set aside.
3. To make the base, melt the butter in a pan, then pour into a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive jam, the crushed biscuits and sugar and mix well. While still warm, press the crumb mixture into the base of the flan rings, which you have placed on a baking tray. Refrigerate to set.
4. For the crèmet, in a large bowl beat the cream cheese, yogurt and sugar together until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. When the biscuit bases have set, spoon the crèmet into the rings, level the tops with a palate knife and return to the refrigerator until set.
5. To make the sauce, zest two of the clementines and separate the flesh into segments, removing the pith and seeds. Squeeze the juice from the remaining six clementines and place it in a pan with the sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the cornflour and 1 tablespoon of water in a small dish to make a paste then whisk this mixture into the saucepan and cook until the sauce lightly thickens, about 30 seconds. Pour the sauce into a bowl and add the liqueur and lemon juice to taste.
6. To serve, unmould the crèmets and place on serving plates. Top with the clementine segments. Drizzle over the clementine sauce, decorate with the mint leaves and pistachio nuts, if using, and serve.
Rate This Recipe