- Serves: 8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 kg ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for greasing tin and drizzling
- 350 g onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- black pepper
- 150 g fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 50 g cracker crumbs (cream crackers or saltines), crushed finely
- extra sage leaves, for decorating
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Place the ricotta in a sieve to drain.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add the onion and fry very gently over a low heat until translucent and softened, stirring now and then.
4. Add the garlic and sage and fry gently, stirring now and then, until fragrant. Set the onion mixture aside to cool.
5. Beat together the drained ricotta, eggs and Parmesan. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Mix together the ricotta mixture, fried onion mixture and cranberries.
7. Brush a 22cm spring form cake tin with olive oil. Scatter the cracker crumbs evenly over the bottom and sides. Pour in the ricotta mixture. Decorate the top with whole sage leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Bake the ricotta cheesecake for 45 minutes until firm and golden.
9. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving warm or let it cool completely and then serve.
Rate This Recipe