- Serves: 1.5kg sweet pastry
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins resting
- Effort: medium
- 500 g butter
- 340 g icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 675 g plain flour, sifted
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and icing sugar until well-blended and pale. Gradually beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract.
2. Mix in the flour and bring together to form a dough. Knead lightly until the dough is smooth.
3. Wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 20 minutes before using.
Rate This Recipe