- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 1 kg sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 smokedstreaky bacon, cut into 1cm wide strips
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 150 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 ml hot chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas 4.
2. Grease a large baking dish with the butter.
3. In a baking dish, layer the sweet potato slices, bacon, red chilli, thyme and cheese, reserving some cheese for the topping. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour over the hot stock and scatter over the reserved cheese.
5. Bake for 45 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
Rate This Recipe