- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 500 g orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 50 g finely grated parmesan
- 300 g cleaned squid
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 20 shelled snails, canned or frozen
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 1/2 red chillies, deseeded and finely diced
- juice of 1 lemons
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- good handful of tat soi leaves
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 4.
2. Toss the cubed potato with 3 tablespoons of the avocado oil and the water, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Place in a roasting pan and roast for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden.
4. Leave to cool, then mix with the Parmesan and the roasting juices.
5. Toss the squid with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a frying pan and cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes until opaque.
6. Heat the butter in another frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook gently for 1-2 minutes until just coloured.
7. Add the snails and toss for a few seconds. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer briskly over medium-high heat until reduced to a glaze.
8. Throw in the chilli, lemon juice and parsley, then remove from the heat.
9. To serve, pile some sweet potato on each plate with a few tat soi leaves on top. Place the squid on the leaves, then spoon the snails and sauce over the top.
Rate This Recipe