- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 450 g carrots, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, (preferably yellow-fleshed), peeled, diced
- 2 white potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 110 ml coconut milk
- bunches coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sweet potato crisps
- 1 yellow-fleshed sweet potatoes
- vegetable oil, for frying
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions, carrots and potatoes until beginning to soften - about 10 minutes.
2. Add the cumin and curry powder and stir until the vegetables are well coated.
3. Stir in the vegetable stock cube, sugar and coconut milk. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
4. Blend the soup until smooth, using a stick blender. You can also use a liquidizer for this. Stir in the coriander.
5. For the sweet potato crisps, peel the potato and pare into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Heat the oil until very hot and fry the ribbons in batches, until golden. Drain on kitchen paper and serve with the soup.
Rate This Recipe