- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 4 goats' cheese, slices, around 1cm
- 5 egg yolks
- 350 ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until softened.
3. Remove the potatoes, leaving the oven on.
4. Peel the baked sweet potatoes and mash them well.
5. Add the spring onion, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
6. Generously layer the mash into the bottom of four ovenproof soup bowls.
7. Place a slice of goats' cheese on top of the mash.
8. In a bowl, mix together the egg yolks and cream and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Pour the egg mixture over the goat's cheese and mash.
10. Bake the hotpots in the oven for 15 minutes or until the custard is set on top.
11. Eat immediately!
Rate This Recipe