- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2-3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 400 g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 red chillies, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 400 ml coconut milk
- rapeseed oil
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat a tablespoon of the rapeseed oil in a large pan and fry the shallots, half the chillies and the sweet potatoes for 3-4 minutes, or until softened slightly. Stir in the jerk seasoning and add enough water to cover. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the coconut milk to the pan and cook for a further 8-10 minutes, then transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Pass through a sieve and keep warm until ready to serve.
3. Meanwhile, in another pan warm the rest of the chillies with the remaining rapeseed oil for 4-5 minutes to infuse the flavours. Strain through a fine sieve and discard the chillies.
4. Serve the soup in big bowls with a drizzle of chilli oil on top and some crusty bread on the side.
Rate This Recipe