- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g plain flour
- 250 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 25 g melted butter, plus a little extra for frying
For the filling
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
For the blood orange caramel
- 1 blood orange
- 2 tbsp sugar
1. Put the flour in a bowl, add the milk, egg and melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
2. Heat a large frying pan and add a little butter. When melted, ladle in some batter, cook for two minutes then flip. Repeat until all the batter is used up, piling the crêpes on a plate.
3. For the filling: mix together the ricotta and icing sugar.
4. For the caramel: peel the orange and cut half of the peel into thin slices. Cut the orange into segments with a sharp knife, collecting the juice in a bowl.
5. Heat the sugar in a saucepan and allow it to caramelise slightly. Add the thin slices of peel to the sugar along with the juice. Cook until light brown in colour and a spoonable consistency.
6. To serve, spoon the filling onto the crêpes and roll up. Drizzle the
caramel over the top and top with a few orange segments and pieces of peel.
Rate This Recipe