- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 450 ml milk
- 75 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50 g butter
- 200 g arborio risotto rice
- 200 g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 8 mint leaves, chopped
- 4-5 tbsp vegetable oil, or frying
- 100 g balsamic figs, to serve
1. First, add the sugar to the milk and warm. Scrap the vanilla pod into the milk.
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the rice for 1 minute, until the rice cracks. Cook the rice on a low heat, gradually adding the milk, until all of the milk has been absorbed, and the rice is cooked. Cool.
3. Mix the strawberries and chopped mint together.
4. When the rice is cold, mould the rice into patties, and then press your finger into the centre to make a hole. Press in some strawberries.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the patties until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper, and then roll in sugar.
6. To serve: garnish with the figs, and enjoy!
Rate This Recipe