- Serves: 4 as a side
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 10 new potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- splash rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small handful thyme, picked
- 2 corn on the cobs
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 250 ml water, or stock
- 1 lime
- flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
1. Put the new potatoes on to boil. Crush, peel and then mince the cloves of garlic with a little salt. Heat a little rapeseed oil in a frying pan; add in the chopped onions, diced peppers and courgettes with the garlic and half of the thyme leaves.
2. Drain the potatoes when ready. Shuck the corn off the cobs, and finely slice a red chilli (removing seeds if you prefer a little less heat!). Add the chilli and shucked corn to the frying pan. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the pan, along with the water.
3. Sprinkle over some more fresh thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook over a medium heat the water should reduce and cook the sweetcorn as it does so. Halve the new potatoes and toss together with the succotash.
4. Finally, finish with a squeeze of lime, roughly chop some flat leaf parsley and sprinkle over the succotash, and drizzle with a little more rapeseed oil.
For quality ingredients look for a quality mark. Red Tractor beef and lamb is responsibly produced and provenance guaranteed.
Red Tractor beef and lamb: its a Good Food Story.
Rate This Recipe