- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450g medium old potatoes
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 50 g butter
- 2 freshly poached eggs, to serve
- 25 g gruyère cheese, grated
- green salad, to serve
1. Scrub the potatoes, par-boil in a saucepan of boiling salted water for about 6-7 minutes. Drain and peel.
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and when it begins to sizzle, coarsely grate the potatoes straight into the pan.
3. Shape the edges of the potato to form four neat discs which are not too thick.
4. Fry gently for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, then turn over the potato discs and fry until golden brown on the other side.
5. To serve, place two potato rosti per portion on a warm serving plate and top with a freshly poached egg, then sprinkle over the Gruyere cheese.
6. Serve at once with a crisp salad.
Rate This Recipe