- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs rising
- Effort: easy
- 350 g wholemeal flour
- 150 g strong bread flour
- 12 g salt
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 40 g butter, melted
- 310 ml water
- 150 g emmental cheese, cut into cubes
- handful of basil, roughly torn
- plain flour, for dusting
1. Mix the flours, salt, yeast, butter and water in a large bowl and work until the mixture forms a dough. Knead for five minutes, until smooth.
2. Put the mix back in to the bowl, and leave to rest for 1 hour. Work half the Emmenthal and chopped basil into the dough and knead again until smooth.
3. Set the oven to 210°C/gas 7. Roll the dough mix into a sausage and place on to a lightly greased baking sheet. Leave to rise for 1 hour.
4. Make an incision along the top of the dough and scatter the rest of the Emmenthal into the incision.
5. Dust with some plain white flour and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe