- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus standing time
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 100 g bulgur wheat
- 4 tomatoes
- 25 g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 handfuls mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 bunches spring onions, finely chopped
For the dressing
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 pinches ground allspice
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. For the salad: place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour over enough cold water to cover. Set aside for 3 minutes, then tip into a sieve and rinse well under cold running water. Drain thoroughly and tip into a bowl.
2. For the dressing: put the lemon juice in a screw-topped jar with the garlic, cinnamon and allspice. Season to taste and shake until the salt has dissolved. Add the olive oil and shake again until well combined.
3. Add the tomatoes to the drained bulgar wheat, plus the parsley, mint and spring onions. Stir until well combined then toss with the dressing. Season to taste and set aside at room temperature to allow the flavours to develop. Give the salad a good stir before serving.
Rate This Recipe