- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g cooked peeled prawns, (ideally freshly shelled), drained and patted dry
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 stick celery
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, leaves chopped
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice of 1 lemons
- 4 courgettes, grated
- 150 ml white wine
- black pepper
- 500 g fresh tagliarini
- 200 ml fresh vegetable stock
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 40 g parmesan, freshly grated
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
2. Add the prawns and fry until lightly browned.
3. Add the onion, celery, garlic, chilli and mint. Fry until the prawns turn nutty brown.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the lemon juice, then the courgettes. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Pour in the white wine, bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from direct heat.
7. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the fresh tagliarini and cook until al dente, around 2 minutes. Strain.
8. Add the strained tagliarini to the prawn mixture, followed by the vegetable stock, butter and Parmesan cheese.
9. Mix well together over a medium heat with a wooden spoon until glossy. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe