- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g whole beef fillet
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, tough stalk discarded, leaves finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- juice of 1 limes
- black pepper
For the stir-fried vegetables:
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150 g mangetout, sliced diagonally
- 2 carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 courgettes, sliced into matchsticks
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- chopped coriander, to garnish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/ gas 7. Prepare all the vegetables.
2. To cook the meat, heat an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Season the meat well and fry until browned all over. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes. Leave in a warm place to rest for 3 minutes.
3. Mix the remaining oil in a small bowl and stir in the chilli, rosemary, garlic, shallot and lime juice. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
4. Whilst the meat is cooking, heat a wok over high heat. Add the groundnut and sesame oils and once they are very hot, tip in all the vegetables. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are just tender-crisp.
5. To serve, thinly slice the rested steak. Divide the stir-fry vegetables between warmed serving plates and lay the meat slices on top. Drizzle with the chilli oil sauce and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe